• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Information Signposting

Healthwatch can help you by providing information about access to local health and social care services. This service can provide local information to help with issues such as finding a new GP or accessing an NHS dentist. Healthwatch can also give advice on options for what to do if you are unhappy with your care or treatment. This includes signposting to independent NHS complaints advocacy.

This service can be accessed in different ways according to individual need, including by telephone, online and face to face.

To access this service please contact us

Find services

If you, a friend or family member would like information about what support and services there are available to meet your local health and social care needs, please call on 01482 665 684

The following websites may be useful to help find information on local services

The UK’s biggest health website, providing all the information you need to make choices about your health. Find information about hospitals, GPs, dentists and urgent care, as well as patient feedback on these services.

The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see that they meet national standards - find out what they have to say about services in your area.

If you can’t find what you are looking for, or need some help with your options, please contact us.

Healthwatch doesn’t give medical advice or investigate individual complaints about services – but we will help you find the right place for you.

Health Services

NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)

CCGs are NHS organisations set up to organise the delivery of NHS services in England. CCGs are clinically led groups that include all of the GP groups in their geographical area. The aim of this is to give GPs and other clinicians the power to influence commissioning decisions for their patients.

CCGs covering the East Riding:

NHS Hospital Trusts

An NHS Hospital Trust, also known as an Acute Trust provides secondary health services. (Secondary care is the health care services provided by medical specialists and other health professionals who generally do not have first contact with patients). Hospital Trusts are commissioned to provide these services by CCGs.

Trusts serving the East Riding:

Specialist Service Providers

The CCGs commission NHS services from a number of other providers to serve the population of the East Riding:

Care Services

The East Riding of Yorkshire Council provide care services for children, carers, vulnerable adults and people with disabilities.

Find and choose the right services


Do you find the information on this website useful?

Like us on Facebook

Health and Social Care Signposting Directory

Healthwatch East Riding Directory

Mental Health & Wellbeing Directory

Local Offer

Jargon Buster