• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Making a complaint


Who can complain?

Anyone can complain about NHS services or treatment they have received, or if they have been affected by the actions or decisions of an NHS organisation, or primary care practitioner. If you are unable to complain yourself, someone can act on your behalf with your written consent.

When should I make a complaint?

A complaint should be made within 12 months from the date it occurred or when it came to your attention. In some cases if there is good reason why you could not complain sooner and it is still possible to investigate your complaint, it may be possible to waive the time limit.

Your rights and how to make a complaint

The NHS Website also gives details of your rights and how to make a complaint.

Support with making a complaint 

The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service is free, independent and confidential. It offers practical support and information on how to make an NHS complaint. This service is delivered by our partner organisation Cloverleaf Advocacy

You can contact Cloverleaf by:

Telephone: 01482 880160

Text: 07860 021 502

Email: NHSComplaints@cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk

Post: Cloverleaf Advocacy, Hesslewood Hall, Ferriby Road, Hessle HU13 0LH

Providing general feedback on services

The NHS website enables you to search for services near you, and read comments and reviews that have been made about those services.

Alternatively you can also leave feedback via the Care Opinion website which allows patients to share their experiences of health care. By sharing your experiences this will help improve local health services. You can also read about other people’s experiences of local services.

Making a complaint or providing feedback direct to services

If your complaint is about a GP Practice, dentist, community pharmacy or optician you should send this to the practice concerned, or via NHS England, as follows:

Tel: 0300 311 22 33
Email: england.contactus@nhs.net
Post: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT47

Full details of what you need to provide are found here.

If your complaint is about a CCG commissioning or funding decision you should send this to:

Email: ERYCCG.ComplaintsAndConcerns@nhs.net

Phone: 01482 672047

Post: Patient Relations, Health House, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, East Yorkshire, HU10 6DT 

If your complaint is about Adult’s social care services in the East Riding, you should send this to:

Tel: 01482 396422

Email: customer.relations@eastriding.gcsx.gov.uk 

Post: Customer Relations Team, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, County Hall, Beverley, HU17 9BA

Online: Adult Social Care Contact Us form

Contact the Children, Family and Adult Services team at East Riding of Yorkshire Council

You can get advice from the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) of the relevant NHS Trust – further details are on their websites.

The right to complain or give feedback about an unsatisfactory service is a key consumer right. Please note that service providers and commissioners welcome all feedback from clients. The same contact details can also be used if you are pleased with the Service(s) you have used.


Do you find the information on this website useful?

Like us on Facebook

Health and Social Care Signposting Directory

Healthwatch East Riding Directory

Mental Health & Wellbeing Directory

Local Offer

Jargon Buster