Meet the Independent Strategic Advisory Body (ISAB)
The Independent Strategic Advisory Body (ISAB) supports the staff team to deliver the statutory functions of Healthwatch East Riding (HWERY). The Advisory Body provide feedback and advice and set the overall strategic direction for the work of Healthwatch. In acting as the independent voice and champion of the public and patients in East Riding, they are a vital part of HWERY’s decision making process.
The Healthwatch Advisory Body (ISAB), in line with national guidance, is made up of the Healthwatch Chief Executive, the Healthwatch Delivery Manager, and independent members, who will be selected for their specific skills and experience, in the following areas:
- Patient and public engagement
- Marketing and communications
- Health and Social Care
- Volunteer management
- Strategic leadership
With information provided by the Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire staff team, the Advisory Body takes responsibility for:
- Developing strategic plans for Healthwatch East Ring and other projects developed under the HWERY initiative that are informed by the needs and experiences of East Riding residents.
- Reviewing plans for the delivery of Healthwatch East Riding
- Monitoring progress against Healthwatch East Riding delivery plans and advising on amendments to meet identified need
- Making recommendations to the management of Meeting New Horizons CIC regarding maintaining and safeguarding the independence, probity and transparency of Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire
- Championing the public and patient views
The Independent Strategic Advisory Body (ISAB) meets in person four times a year and the meetings are open to the public. The role of these meetings is to set the strategic workplan for Healthwatch East Riding and to check the delivery against that workplan at key stages. The ISAB provides the overview, scrutiny and challenge to the plans and actions of the delivery team. Dates and venues of meetings is published in advance on our website.