Have Your Say on Diabetes
Northern region diabetes user involvement strategy consultation: How can we involve people in shaping diabetes services, care and treatment?
What is this?
- This is a set of guidelines and key principles for ensuring the voices of people with lived experience of diabetes, including those at risk, are heard and used in a meaningful way to inform and improve services.
- It has been co-produced with people with lived experience of diabetes, healthcare professionals, commissioners and Diabetes UK.
- Engagement events included workshops, focus groups and an on-line survey.
- We want to gain the views of as many people as possible before the strategy is launched so we are hosting a public consultation for the northern region.
Who is it for?
- The guidelines apply to anyone who works with or for people with, or at risk of, diabetes.
- This includes NHS England, Public Health England, CCGs, clinical networks and NHS Trusts, and applies to the whole of the Northern region (North West and North East & Yorkshire).
How do I take part?
- We welcome feedback from commissioners, healthcare professionals, people with diabetes, people at risk, families, carers, friends and the public in general to ensure that everyone has a chance to give their input into this important piece of work.
- Any comments on the consultation can be shared via this online survey: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/involvement-guidelines/
If you are unable to give feedback online, or if you would prefer to complete over the telephone, please contact Catherine Romer on 020 3757 7843. Alternatively, you can send feedback via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org