Purpose of the Role.
Healthwatch aims to improve local Health and Social Care services,by using the experiences of service users, family of and carers to identify good and poor practices,as well as gaps in the provision of services. We want to build confidence within the community,that their experiences, whether good or poor, are important, that they should be heard and will make a difference.
Healthwatch Administrators support our mission,by ensuring that accurate data entry is recorded, such as feedback from engagement events,and through our surveys. They will ensure to keep the information we have available updated,so we are able to maintain a high-quality service,and provide the correct advice to the individuals,who access our support at the first point of contact.
- Support the Volunteer Coordinator and other members of Healthwatch,by maintaining database information, inputting feedback from events, surveys, other event information and any other data collected.
- Research voluntary and community services,and ensure all information we hold to signpost service users are up-to-date.
- Identify ways to improve data collection, surveys and databases.
- Assist in the creation of office documents and merchandise by either:
- Providing suggestions in the design process.
- Creating a template or templates to demonstrate your ideas.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they are robust.
- Support Healthwatch in other administrative tasks as and when required.
- Assist in the preparation for and take part in engagement events, at volunteer fayres and other events as needed.
You do not need any specific experience or knowledge to volunteer for Healthwatch. Instead we ask that our volunteers can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating active listening and an open minded, non-judgemental attitude.
- Be approachable and confident when engaging with individuals,from a range of backgrounds,and have a commitment to promoting Equality and Diversity.
- Be respectful, compassionate and supportive of and towards others.
- Be proactive in protecting personal data,and maintaining confidentiality.
- Have an interest in Health and Social Care,and be passionate about making a difference to the lives of others.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good written communication skills,including the ability to take notes and write up conversations.
Volunteering opportunities at Healthwatch, for the most part, will be provided Monday to Friday within office hours. There may be occasions however,where volunteering opportunities are offered outside of these times.
There is no time commitment when volunteering with Healthwatch. You are able to choose as and when you volunteer,but we recommend a minimum of five hours volunteering per month,to gain the most experience from the role.
This role is predominantly office based,to ensure that any personal data is handled in accordance to GDPR regulations,and confidentiality policy. However, there may be aspects of the role,which can be done out of office,but this would be discussed with you prior to volunteering with us.
Disclosure and Barring Service.
You will be required,to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for this role. This will be at no cost to you. Having a criminal conviction does not preclude you from volunteering, and each case will be dealt with on an individual basis.
What will you get in return for volunteering with Healthwatch Hull?
- Induction training and training specific to your role.
- Opportunities to access additional training and personal development.
- The chance to develop new skills,and knowledge to assist with career goals, education and training.
- Support and supervision from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred during the course of your volunteering role.
- The opportunity to be part of a team and to meet new people.
- The chance to have an input into the delivery,of local Health and Social Care services,and make a real difference to the lives of local people
Please click here to download an application form. Alternatively, you can complete an online volunteering application form here
If you have any further queries,or need any assistance in completing an application form, please contact Caroline Frost by email: email@example.com