Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire is a registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 and we comply with the Act whenever we handle your personal data.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, to attend an event or to reply to a survey or questionnaire.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website or services.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time. Any third parties to whom information is transferred are made aware of our security practices and are also required to take reasonable precautions to protect the transferred information.
Storing Your Personal Data
All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire takes appropriate measures to safeguard the information it holds from unauthorised access or improper use. Staff must comply with data protection procedures as a condition of employment and no external access to the system is permitted.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information it holds is accurate. In particular it uses reliable collection methods and destroys or converts to an anonymous form any out-of-date data. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.